Peterhof (from him. Peterhof — “Peter’s court”, from 1944 to 1997 — Petrodvorets) — intracity municipality in the Petrodvorets district of the city of Federal importance of St. Petersburg. It is located on the southern shore of the Gulf of Finland. A major tourist, scientific and educational center to the West of St. Petersburg, 29 km by rail.
On the territory of the municipality “city of Peterhof” there is a railway station “New Peterhof” and three railway stops, which are part of the infrastructure of the Baltic line of the October railway and equipped with two platforms of suburban communication. The names of these points in order of their distance from the Baltic station: “Red dawns”, “Old Peterhof”, “University”. On the territory of the municipality is also a pier (pier on the Gulf of Finland).
Peterhof was founded in 1710 as an Imperial country residence and its status as a city — since 1762. The city is a monument of world architecture and Palace and Park art XVIII—XIX centuries Museum-reserve “Peterhof”. Science city since 2005.