Panel study of gradients in Photoshop and the properties of the tool.
First of all you need to open the toolbar by pressing G on the keyboard.
In the top menu of panel options see the following items
Let us examine them in more detail.
The types of fill:
1. Linear Gradient – there is a fill gradient from one edge to another.
2. Radial Gradient – fills a gradient in a circle from one edge to the other.
3. Angle Gradient – creates a rotating gradient by 360 degrees from the axis.
4. Reflected Gradient – one of the variants of linear gradients differs from it only by the fact that the reflection of the original color to the previous, i.e. first from one color to another, and from that to the first.
5. , Diamond Gradient – creates, as the name implies, diamond-shaped element from one color to another.
So, we are considered types of gradients, let’s move on to the advanced settings panel.
As in the layers panel, here are the blending modes of the gradient. They are similar to the above blend modes.
Additional tool options include the following:
Reverse – overrides the gradient in the opposite direction, which is very convenient for quick actions.
Dither – blurs the boundaries between the transitions of the gradient, i.e., makes them less visible.
Transparency – make the fill translucent.
We proceed to the analysis of the gradient editor.
Color Harmonies 1
Color Harmonies 2
Create a translucent gradient to understand the principle.
Click on the icon to the icon of the gradient, there will be sets that are loaded by default.
Find the paragraph New and move the upper right slider to the left and diminish the value of Opacity on 0%.
You can also add some more transitions between the colors of the gradient just by clicking on the top, where is a scale. To select the color of additional elements, you have to press in the lower part of the scale.
It should also be noted that when you create a gradient there is 2 modes:
Solid — normal gradient, solid transition from one color to another.
Noise — creates a chaotic noise gradient and configured quite differently.